Clomid Side Effects Galore – An Exhaustive List
Okay, so I’m currently 6DPO (only 8ish more days until I plan on testing!) and I decided to share with you all an exhaustive list of Clomid symptoms and then compare it to what I actually had. When I started Clomid, I was completely freaked out about it! I searched everywhere for symptoms that people had and I wanted to help you all out by compiling a list and then sharing about my symptoms in depth for you!
For comparison purposes, I took 50mg of Clomid cycle days 5-9 in the evening. I’m curious if you all had worse or different symptoms from different dosages?
For safety purposes, please remember I am not a doctor! This is solely for people who are obsessed with symptom spotting. If you are truly concerned, you should contact your doctor!
My Clomid Symptoms
These are the symptoms I had. All of these may not be 100% due to the Clomid, but they were new to me and Clomid was the only major change.
- Nausea – while technically I had this, it really wasn’t a big deal for me. It would come and go quickly and didn’t really interfere with anything.
- Headaches – again, these were very minor. While I had them daily, they would go away quickly and were never that painful.
- Hot Flashes – and again, these weren’t bad. I rarely and barely noticed them.
- Flushing – This one I think is a little bit more rare! My entire face turned red, and it wasn’t due to hot flashes. It was more permanent and wouldn’t come and go! While this was annoying, I didn’t actually feel any different from it! It’s finally starting to go down a bit now.
- Bloating – Okay, this is where things got a bit extreme for me. While I was hopeful this meant my eggie or eggies (fingers crossed!) were growing nice and large, it was NOT fun! I looked pregnant but didn’t even have a baby to blame for it! This was really the most uncomfortable part. My husband and I took a week vacation during my fertile week (coincidence, not planned!) and I had a really hard time enjoying the wonderful food available. There was one evening we went out and I literally took two bites and was done. Crazy!
- Cramping – This really went along with the bloating. I had some painful AF like cramps as well as some twinges and pulling. While bothersome, I thought this was a good sign the Clomid may be working! My lower abdomen was really achey through ovulation. I kept catching myself rubbing my achey bloated belly like I was pregnant (really, it was a good thing I wasn’t at work doing that :)).
- Exhaustion – Okay this and the bloating was probably the worst! To put it into comparison, I never sleep in cars. I just can’t. I never have been able to. On our trip, I slept during almost every car ride! We would get in the care for 10 minutes and I would fall asleep! I slept about 9+ hours a night and still had trouble getting out of bed! While it’s easing up now, I definitely still notice it. I hope this cycle works because I won’t be so lucky to be on vacation next cycle and don’t know how I can make it through work!
All Clomid Symptoms
These are the symptoms I didn’t notice but that I have read that you can get.
- Mood swings (this one is apparently super common but I didn’t have any swings!)
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Chest Pain
- Ovarian cysts
- Thinning of the uterine lining
- Lack of cervical mucous (I had a lot leading up to my fertile week but it lessened as I got closer to ovulation so I’m not exactly sure what went on)
- Weight gain
- Heart burn
- Vaginal itchiness
- Loss of appetite
Are there other symptoms any of you have heard about or had yourselves? If so, share in a comment below! I would love to continue updating this list to help those out trying Clomid in the future!